Search This Blog

Friday 5 June 2015

little squares

The Drops cotton merino that I snagged at a bargain price a couple of weeks ago has been playing on my mind. I just love this yarn and have been desperately trying to think what to use it for before I got my hook into it.
These are the lovely colours that I got, yum! 
I couldn't resist any longer and started playing around with the yarn, just using little bits to try to decide what to make with it. For a crocheter, I don't make many granny squares, Granny stripes yes but I can't think of anything I have made that uses traditional squares. 
Hmm lots of colour changes = lots of sewing in, not something I want to have to do. So little ones in one colour maybe?
No, not really solid enough to get a nice effect, I mean it is a bit flimsy.

Solid squares then (I'm not sure what the official name for these is)
Oh yes, I do like making these! I have a bag full of this little 2 row squares in Stylecraft somewhere. Not really doing much to negate the amount of ends produced but putting them together like this...
... and I can see a picture in my mind of a very pretty thing indeed! I adore these colours and the softness of this yarn, so I don't want to make anything too fussy with it and these little squares will do very nicely. Now I just need to make LOTS more! :)

Happy Friday and have a great weekend xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment