Search This Blog

Saturday 12 July 2014

Phew what a scorcher

Oh it is hot today. I've been doing all the boring Saturday morning things like cleaning and washing and I think it has wiped me out a bit. I'm not the only one who is feeling the heat but I think he might be enjoying it more than I am! 
I've tried to do a bit of weeding and not got very far, they can wait for another day. Strictly speaking I suppose this is a weed, it is some lobelia that must have self seeded a couple of years ago when I last had it in some tubs but I haven't the heart to pull it up, it seems to like growing through the crack in the crazy paving.
There are a couple of big lavender bushed in the yard too, and I am absolutely thrilled that they seem to be a favourite hang-out of the local bee population!
I can sit for ages watching the bees buzzing around the lavender, it smells good too. Thinking about it, I have always loved bees.
Now that all the boring housework nonsense is out of the way I am going to spend some quiet time trying to finish off my hearts cushion. It is coming on but I am a bit worried that I am going to run out of yarn.
You can see that one side is cream with pink, well I didn't have a lot of cream left so decided to reverse it for the other side and do pink with cream. I still don't think I will have enough. I can buy more of the cream but I have no idea where the pink came from. My dilemma is whether or not to carry on and hope I have enough pink or stop and wait until I have bought more cream, which I expect I will have to do anyway.
I may just carry on as I do like crocheting this pattern, it is really good fun to do so it wouldn't be the end of the world if I have to unpick it all and start again.

I hope you have a lovely weekend :)

XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment