Search This Blog

Tuesday 24 June 2014

More blanketeering

Where has the time gone? I sat down at around lunch time to try and write a pattern and three hours just went in one giant slurp! 

I think I must have got lost in the sums and picture editing - little things that seem to take a long time and I'm only half way through! This is time I would much rather have spent crocheting as yesterday I started my new blanket and I just can't wait to really get on with it. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy writing patterns but you can't beat a bit of rippling!!!

I just couldn't help myself, it had to be a ripple. The pattern is easy to remember and repetitive but with just enough interest to not be boring to do, it really is very therapeutic.

This is not just going to be a ripple blanket, I am going to make a kind of sampler made up of all different things. I have visions of circle-squares, granny stripes, hearts and flowers all coming together in one big wooly explosion of colour.

I am using the old faithful stylecraft special dk as I have tonnes of it left over from the load I got to do the Granny Chair.

hmm needs a bit of a tidy-up.

It is going to take a while to do, I have no real plan but intend to fall back on the make-it-up-as-you-go-and-hope-for-the-best technique. I love starting a new blanket, a proper big one that is going to take ages, no rush, no deadline just always there to pick up and do a bit, between other things - simple, mindless crochet.

So while all those blanket ideas are bubbling away I will get back to these patterns which hopefully I will be able to share with you soon. 

Oh yes, I found a home of sorts for my last lot of bunting:
Please don't judge me too harshly on the titles of the books, all the rubbish ones belong to my husband ;-)
 
XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment