Search This Blog

Thursday 26 June 2014

getting my crochet fix

This week has been all about getting a job. Not that I have one yet but I can feel one looming! Don't get me wrong, I have no problem working and as Mr Drops and Debbie Bliss haven't yet hunted me down to be a chief yarn tester, I am going to have to go back to the world of the employed in the near future. I can't help feeling a little bit sad that I will have to give up my days of endless hooky.

Before that all happens I have been getting in as much crocheting as I can, the ripply part of my new blanket is coming on, if a bit slowly:

I am loving getting back into the rhythm of rippling: 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4...

And I have hunted out some granny bunting for a friend that I had kicking about. I have never hung it up before and had to see the effect before it goes to a new home:

Alas I don't think I can get away with having my own granny bunting strung up downstairs, maybe something for the spare room if I ever get it decorated. You might have noticed that I love a bit of bunting!
I have also been mucking around with granny squares and came up with this little fella I am calling my Monster Granny!

This is a very simple variation on the humble granny square. I thought it was quite a fun little thing to make for beginners and children who are learning how to crochet so I have written the pattern up with a few photos and it is available under 'Patterns' on the left sidebar.
He just sort of happened, I found a couple of googly eyes in my purse that I can't remember buying (does anyone else have googly eyes lurking in their purse or is it just me?) and he quickly evolved from there.


Please do send me your pictures of your Monster Granny if you make one, or of anything else you have made from one of my patterns. Those of you that have sent me pictures on Facebook and Twitter, thank you! They are wonderful to see :)
XXX





No comments:

Post a Comment