Search This Blog

Monday 12 May 2014

This and that

Monday again, I really do not know where the weekends go, over in the blink of an eye. I didn't really go anywhere or do anything exciting but it was a great weekend staying close to home in the dry, watching the fast cars go round and round in the F1 and cracking on with my entrelac crochet bag - yes I think it will be a new yarn bag.

Coming on nicely isn't it? I am still having the odd issue with tension, mainly when working out of the slips stitches. Every now and then I have done them a bit tight and the row after is a bit of a nightmare. I am doing the second panel now which should meet up nicely with this one and make a tote bag, that's the plan for now anyway.
If it turns out OK I might write this pattern up if anyone would like to try it. It is so simple to do and so much fun.

I had started to think my crochet output had dwindled lately, I seem to be forever starting things and not getting much finished. This has led me to have a scout through my photo folders and see what I have made in the last 12 months or so,  most of which I haven't blogged about, turns out I have actually finished quite a lot! I've picked out some of my favourite pictures, want to see?

A baby blanket for a friend - I remember the last few rows of this taking forever, it doesn't look it but all those ruffles made it absolutely massive!

My aran bobble bag, I loved making this even if the pattern did take a while to decipher.

Happy flowers (pattern by Lucy at Attic24) these things are addictive! All three of these were gifted to friends and I still haven't got around to making one for myself.


Elephants!

 And another one..
 And another one! I have got a couple more somewhere too, I had almost forgotten about them, they were hugely enjoyable to make and I even had cause to dust off the sewing machine to do the ear lining.

My crocodile bag. This is an adapted pattern, I still haven't got around to fitting it with a zip but it is hanging on a hook in my bedroom looking pretty next to all my other crocheted bags, surely that's it's main purpose!

Valentines hearts, so pretty.

That's quite a bit of reminiscing there and I have only just scratched the surface. I'm not sure if it is exactly inspirational to look at past makes but it does make me want to revisit old patterns and have another go, I loved making everyone of these.

For now I am going to carry on with this bag and see if I can remember to how to make the flowers for my shawl which is still very much a WIP.

I do hope you have a great week :)

xxxx




No comments:

Post a Comment