Search This Blog

Monday 5 May 2014

Blanket Ta-Dah!

 Yes, I have finally finished my granny stripe blanket! I am so happy, it has turned out beautifully and I couldn't be more pleased with it.

You may remember that I was talking about ripping out the edging that I had done and starting again. I was having a full-on sulk with the whole thing and didn't touch it for a week. Well on Saturday I decided to bite the bullet and took all the edging back and started again.

 

I know where I went wrong, it was with that tiny little round of blue DCs that I did before the proper border, it had to go.

I am so pleased that I did, the new edging that I decided on sits so much better and after the failed attempt I knew how much yarn it would take to get around the blanket. I am running very low on most of the colours but had more choice than I thought I would have.



I decided on three rounds of trebles and then this border which is very simple to do but very effective I think.

So do you want to see it? (Apologies for the quality of the picture, the light is really awful today):

Yay! I just love it (and so does the cat apparently).

So what now? I feel slightly bereft now it's all done, it is strange not having a blanket on the go. I have a few things to crack on with, namely my flower shawl but I also have a pattern to write up and share with you next week.


I hope you are having a great bank holiday :)

4 comments:

  1. That's lovely you make me want to do one but I would never finish lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jen, it has been really fun to make, I am a little bit sad now it is finished. Looking forward to seeing your African Flower blanket ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! I love the colours. Granny would be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's fab Abi. I really like the blue edging with the little shot of yellow showing through. I'm doing a rainbow square blanket for a little baby boy and that might be just the right edging - once all the squares are done and joined..... x

    ReplyDelete