Search This Blog

Wednesday 7 May 2014

a birthday beehive

Finally I can share last week's creation with you. I made it for a friend and didn't want to post any pictures of it until she had seen it first. So here you go:


I am so pleased with how it turned out, I had an idea in my head of how I wanted it to look and just started crocheting. The big bumblebee on top I made a while ago and he has been buzzing around the house for a while looking for a permanent home.

I didn't invent the pattern for bumbly, it can be found here.

I think I will be calling this pattern a beehive craft box as the top of the beehive opens up revealing a space to put buttons and beads and things:
And it was completely unintentional but as I was making it I realised the top of the beehive makes a perfect pincushion:


Of course it could be used for keeping anything in :)

As I didn't take any notes of it while I was making it I am doing my best to recreate the pattern now so that I can write it up should anyone else like to try it. I will put the pattern on the left side-bar and on ravelry when It is finished.


Oh and happy birthday Nicola :)

Edit: The pattern is now available on the left x

1 comment:

  1. Its absolutely beautiful. As unbelievable as it sounds its even more lovely in real life than it looks in the photo. Huge thanks Abi for such a fabulous present. xxx

    ReplyDelete